As the premiere for the live-action Bleach film approaches, more information and visuals are trickling down. We’ve seen Ichigo, Ishida, Renji, Rukia, and Byakuya in a previous report. The new visual shows more of the characters familiar to the Substitute Shinigami arc, namely Urahara; Ichigo’s mother, Masaki Kurosaki; and his dad, Isshin Kurosaki.
The additional cast include:
- Masaki Kurosaki – Masami Nagasawa (Umi in From Up on Poppy Hill, Rei in Proposal Daisakusen)
- Isshin Kurosaki – Yousuke Eguchi (Saitou Hajime in the Rurouni Kenshin film series)
- Urahara – Seiichi Tanabe (Saiki Kuniharu in The Disastrous Life of Saiki K. live action series)
- Inoue Orihime – Erina Mano (Kamen Rider Nadeshiko in Kamen Rider Fourze & OOO: Movie War Megamax; and Akira Izumino in The Next Generation: Patlabor live action series)
- Chad Yasutora – Yuu Koyanagi (former ONE OK ROCK drummer; Ran in Ultraman Zero The Movie; and Yoichi Tanaka in Ao Haru Ride live action film)
Visuals of Orihime and Chad have yet to be released.
The Bleach live-action film will premiere in Japan this July 20, 2018; stars Sota Fukushi as the lead character, Kurosaki Ichigo; and Sugisaki Hana as Kuchiki Rukia.