The prestigious, annual Manga Taisho Awards have recently released its nominees for its 2018 run. Established in 2008, the said awards body commend exemplary works in manga that have published eight volumes or less. The nominating committee is composed of staff and owners from different bookstores across Japan.
For its 11th run, Manga Taisho Awards have nominated 12 titles in the running for this year’s best manga.
- Eiga Daisuki Pompo-san by Shogo Sugitani
- Eizouken ni wa Te o Dasu na! by Sumito Ohwara
- Golden Gold by Seita Horio
- Dungeon Meshi by Ryoko Kui
- Tongari Bōshi no Atelier by Kamome SHIRAHAMA
- Nagi no Oitoma by Misato Konari
- BEASTARS by Paru Itagaki
- Fumetsu no Anata e by Yoshitoki Oima
- Made in Abyss by Akihito Tsukushi
- Yakusoku no Neverland by Kaiu Shirai and Posuka Demizu
- Runway de Waratte by Kotoba Inoya
- Warera Contactee by Rui Morita
Covers for the manga nominees below: