One year after Final Fantasy XV was released to the world at large, Square Enix has now announced that a compilation version of the game will be coming soon. Dubbed Final Fantasy XV: Royal Edition, it features everything that FFXV has to offer so far.
The official site outlines the additions to the game as follows:
- An all-new dungeon – Insomnia City Ruins: Expanded Map
- New features such as first person mode, new gear, and new bosses.
- Armiger Unleashed – after you collect all 13 royal arms, a more action-oriented mode of the Armiger is unlocked
- Royal Vessel – the boat from FFXV is now a controllable vehicle. The same body of water (between Cape Caem and Altissia) can now be freely explored.
- All season pass content – Episode Gladiolus, Episode Prompto, Multiplayer Expansion: Comrades, and Episode Ignis.
- Over a dozen pieces of DLC, including weapons, Regalia car skins, and item sets.
At the same time, Square has also revealed the release of Final Fantasy XV Windows Edition, which has all the content from the Royal Edition, and supports native 4K with a max 8K resolution, HDR10, Dolby Atmos and mod support.
Coming 6th March 2018 – Take the journey, now in ultimate quality in #FFXV: Windows Edition!
FFXV Windows Edition boasts a wealth of bonus content, including content contained in the Season Pass & the recently announced Royal Edition. pic.twitter.com/KpB9mqTgJ0
— Final Fantasy XV (@FFXVEN) January 16, 2018
Final Fantasy XV Royal Edition for the PS4 and Xbox One, and Windows Edition for the PC will be released on March 6, 2018.