Toei Animation has recently announced that a new GeGeGe no Kitaro anime will take over the Sunday 9:00AM timeslot, currently held by Dragon Ball Super, starting April 1, 2018.
This announcement comes as the teaser trailer for Shigeru Mizuki’s long-running series was aired (video above).
The new Kitaro anime will feature a completely new cast:
- Miyuki Sawashiro as Kitaro
- Masako Nozawa as Medama Oyajii
- Yukiyo Fujii as Mana Inuyama
- Toshio Furukawa as Nezumi Otoko
- Umeka Shouji as Neko Musume
- Kappei Yamaguchi as Ittan Momen
- Bin Shimada as Konaka Jijii and Nurikabe
- Mayumi Tanaka as Sunakake Baba
Toei has not clarified if Dragon Ball Super will end the week prior, or transfer to a new timeslot. However, internet speculations lean strongly toward the former, signaling a hiatus of the series after the Universe Survival Arc.